Thursday, March 1, 2012

the ocean





i spent my last day in NY with my best friend Matthew. he took me to the ocean, as he knows i've never been, and it's #30 on my bucket list. it was really cold and windy, but i still kicked off my toms and walked barefoot in the sand. matthew helped me find a few shells, then we walked out onto the jetty. i stared out into the endless display of water and listened to the waves hit the rocks.

i felt calm. peaceful. content. 
it was one of the best moments of my life.

glad that i spent the day with matthew. he is such a gentleman (opening car doors, helping me into my coat, holding the door open, paying for dinner) why? because that is the way he was raised. i seriously need to write a note to his momma and thank her for the way he turned out. he has such a beautiful heart.

hope your weekend was wonderful.

2 comments: