Saturday, January 22, 2011

day 2: what makes you uniquely you?

i was pondering this question last night after i updated the blog for day 1. lots of things came to mind, so i decided to see what my facebook friends (and family) thought.
i posted the question :what do you think makes me uniquely me?
these are some of the responses i recieved:
my faith
my resilience
the "fun little sparkle that is about me" that's "contagious" (my mum called this my "spunk")
my heart

all in all, i do think these things are what set me apart and make me unique.

for any of  you that have known me for any length of time, know that i've been through a lot of stuff in my life. between my mum passing away and all of my health issues, among other things, i've developed the resilience that i have. webster's dictionary defines resilience as:
ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.
the only reason i can claim that resilience is because of my faith. my faith is my lifeline. i didn't overcome all of these trials by myself, i wouldn't have survived. look at them as the trials described in James 1:2-4.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
now about that "fun little sparkle that's contagious" aka my spunk. i have to admit this is what first came to mind when i thought what makes me unique. the oddly beautiful thing about this is, that it is something that all three of my "moms" said. my mum used to call me "spunky brewster", my mama trish left that wonderful comment on my facebook, and my mother in law, said the same thing.  how awesome that each of them view me in the same way! some of the things that make/add to my spunk is:
my love for bedhead (i can pull it off like no one that i know!)
my love for mismatched clothing and shoes
my tendency to "think outside the box"
my sense of humor
my love for random things like buttons
my love for bright nail polish
my overall "wildness" (tatoos, piercings, and colored hair)
my love for HUGE hair accessories. and big hair in general!
my quirkyness. i'm obsessed with making lists..of anything and everything!
i'm a master mulit-tasker (i once was talking on the phone, eating a cheeseburger, shifting gears in my truck, and turning a corner all at once.)
lasty, my heart. i have a very very big heart. i love to take care of people (i especially love to feed people. i'm a bake-a-holic) i have an enormous heart for children (especially toddlers). i love all of their energy and the way that they see the world in such a different way than adults do. i'm passionate about teaching this generation about Jesus. when you make your way into my heart (and it's not hard to do!) i love you all out. forever. one of the things i say a lot is "go big or go home" and this applies to every aspect of my life. especially my relationships. i can' t seem to reign myself in.
loving the journey,
-k

to join project 31 (you can start at any time!) click the button below.


She Breathes Deeply

5 comments:

  1. I considered adding "wild child" to the list of what makes you uniquely you!! :o) Love you, Mama Trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! And I love the spunk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you have spunk! Such an absolutely fabulous quality!
    And random loves, like buttons, are spectacular :]

    ReplyDelete