Saturday, November 5, 2011

body image



let me be honest with you. there are some days that i abhore my body.
i want to scream at my high school self for thinking it was awesome to lift 180lbs on the calf sled in the weight lifting room during cheerleading for 4 years. it has left me with muscular calves and thighs. huge calves and thighs. don't even get me started on how wide my hips are. i mean, they were wide before..but after having 3 kids in 4 years...even wider!

then there are days like today when i think that it's wonderful that my hips are wide because they make carrying my daughter around a whole lot easier. (not to mention hauling full laundry baskets) and those muscular legs that i love to complain about? they do me a service when i have to make 6 trips up and down a long flight of stairs to carry all the groceries up.

there are still days when i dislike my body. but they're becoming few and far between.
the Lord has a way of putting things into perspective for me.
happy saturday.

2 comments:

  1. Amen!! I tried on like 10 pairs of boots the other day, walking out of the store bare handed because years of ballet have left my calves so thick that most knee high boots don't fit. I had a moment of feeling sad, bad about myself, looking at my mama hips and feeling upset. We all have those moments, wanting things to be different, looking at others and feeling envious. But God made us all who we are for a reason, He blessed us by creating us to be exactly who we are. Thank you for this wonderful reminder this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard, but I think your legs look amazing!

    ReplyDelete